Responsive Ads Here

Monday, November 24, 2014

UVA - 12468–Zapping

 

12468 - Zapping

 

Problem H. Zapping

I’m a big fan of watching TV. However, I don’t like to watch a single channel; I’m constantly zapping between different channels.

My dog tried to eat my remote controller and unfortunately he partially destroyed it. The numeric buttons I used to press to quickly change channels are not working anymore. Now, I only have available two buttons to change channels: one to go up to the next channel (the △ button) and one to go down to the previous channel (the ▽ button). This is very annoying because if I’m watching channel 3 and want to change to channel 9 I have to press the △ button 6 times!

My TV has 100 channels conveniently numbered 0 through 99. They are cyclic, in the sense that if I’m on channel 99 and press △ I’ll go to channel 0. Similarly, if I’m on channel 0 and press ▽ I’ll change to channel 99.

I would like a program that, given the channel I’m currently watching and the channel I would like to change to, tells me the minimum number of button presses I need to reach that channel.

Input

The input contains several test cases (at most 200).

Each test case is described by two integers a and b in a single line. a is the channel I’m currently watching and b is the channel I would like to go to (0 ≤ a, b ≤ 99).

The last line of the input contains two -1’s and should not be processed.

Output

For each test case, output a single integer on a single line — the minimum number of button presses needed to reach the new channel (Remember, the only two buttons I have available are △ and ▽).

Sample input and output

standard input

standard output

3 9

0 99

12 27

-1 -1

6

1

15


Andrés Mejía-Posada, May 2012

 

#include<stdio.h>
int main()
{
    int a,b,c,d;
    while(scanf("%d%d",&a,&b)==2)
    {
        if(a<0 && b<0)
        {
            break;
        }
        c=b-a;
        if(a>b)
        {
            d=100-a+b;
        }
        else
        {
            d=100-b+a;
        }
        if(c<0)
        {
            c=c*(-1);
        }
        else if(d<0)
        {
            d= d*(-1);
        }
        if(c>d)
        {
            printf("%d\n",d);
        }
        else
        {
            printf("%d\n",c);
        }
    }
    return 0;
}

 


12468 – Zapping uva link

No comments:

Post a Comment

php4

<?php    // Start the session  session_start();  ?>  <!DOCTYPE html>  <html>  <head>       <link rel=&q...